Sunday, October 18, 2015

When the word tired doesn't seem to cut it..

It's Monday the 19th October 2015 as I type this and I am 33 weeks pregnant. We went for our doctor's check up on Saturday and baby boy is now 1.9 kg! This probably explains all the backaches I've been experiencing since about 3 weeks ago. I on the other hand have gained 11 kg so far. It seems I'm gonna be gaining quite a bit of weight these next 3-4 weeks as the baby packs on the pounds. He should be a good 3 kg at least at the time of birth. Saw him on the ultrasound on Saturday and he looks so adorable. He's still in the same position (the head down vertex position) and both doctor and I are hoping he stays that way till the day I pop. I just realized that baby has been in head down position for the last 12 weeks or so. I wonder if he's ever been in breech position at all? Our next check up is in 3 weeks. I'll be 36 weeks by then. Our gynae also told us that I can pop anytime after 20th November.

These last 2 weeks have been becoming increasingly uncomfortable for me. I am plagued by insomnia almost every night. My stomach feels soooooo tight and hard and it hurts when I change positions too quickly and even hurts when I walk sometimes. I really feel like I'm running out of room but baby is still kicking, stretching out all his 4 limbs powerfully, and thrashing about in his cramped quarters. Poor guy must be feeling so uncomfy in there too. It hurts whenever he moves cause he stretches out my already tight stomach skin. And let's not forget that he often keeps me up in the dead of the night when practicing his karate moves under my ribs. The swelling in my feet seems to have gotten slightly better the last few days but I'm pretty sure those fat ankles and puffy feet will soon be back with a vengeance. I'm still trying to do light exercises daily by walking at least 30 minutes just to at least keep my blood circulating and to prevent water/fluids from pooling at my feet by the end of the day.

The hubster also bought me a back massage chair which is pretty darn good. It's supposed to help with lower and higher back aches and pains.

So yeah. I guess what everyone had been telling me was true. They said that towards the end of your pregnancy, you will be longing for the baby to get out so you can be over and done with being pregnant. When I was newly pregnant, I couldn't understand how this could be possible BUT I UNDERSTAND IT VERY WELL NOW. I am tired every day, my feet feel like elephant's feet when I walk, my back aches constantly, I need to pee every 40 minutes on average throughout the day and especially at night which is so disruptive to my sleep, my tummy hurts from time to time due to tightness, I am literally breathless and panting just from climbing up a small flight of stairs and worst of all, I think I have adopted a very slight waddle when I walk now!!! Sweet Abraham of Nebraska!

Anyways, here are some recent belly pics showing my belly growth.




Taken on 18 October 2015 (33 weeks)
 
 

 
15 October 2015
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
I bought you your first pair of pajamas, baby J! I hope it will fit you well.
 
 

 
The only pic of me & the hubster since I've been pregnant. Yes baby J. Your papa is VERY vain & he hates taking pictures.
 

2 comments: