Well, what do you know? As I type this, I'm feeling like a big fat cow at 38 weeks today. The time has come to serve a letter of eviction to my baby. I have never felt this uncomfortable in my life. I'm dealing with constant backaches, plagued by nightly insomnia, needing to pee every 40 minutes or so, extreme exhaustion/lethargy, painful baby movements in utero and oh yeah. To top it off, those Braxton Hicks contractions that I started having at around 28 weeks pregnant have intensified and increased in frequency. I now go as much as 5 to 6 false contractions within a hour and they are painful. Most nights, I find myself awake at 4 or 5 in the morning. The baby keeps me up with his movements, so do the contractions and frequent trips to the toilet. Also, I occasionally experience these sharp shooting pains down my left upper thigh. They take my breath away, I tell you. Oh and a stabbing pain in my cervix and vagina too. Was told my my Gynae that it's because the baby's head is burrowing deep in there. Damn.
As you probably guessed by now, I'm really quite desperate for this baby to be born. I'm hoping he will be here by 5th December. If not, shall have to be induced at SGH.
I thought I'd post some very honest belly pics. Baby is well cooked now. He should weighs about 3.1 kg. Will find out at our next checkup this coming Thursday.




Come on little guy, come and meet your family!! :)
ReplyDelete