Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hello world. I'm pregnant!

Hey there! It's Melissa here and I'm new to blogging. I decided to set up this blog to chronicle my on going pregnancy. I figured that one fine day, I might wake up and realize that I miss being pregnant and even miss the discomforts that come along with it. Ever since I found out that I was pregnant, I have been talking to lots of women around me who are around my age, give or take, who have kids and almost all of them have told me that they missed the feeling of being pregnant at some point in their lives and so a few of them suggested that I write my memorable experiences in a diary or blog about it as well as take loads of photos each month. And so this is how this blog came about!

So, I'll start things off by keeping the story short. I got married in February 2015 and I found out I was pregnant on the 31st March which also happens to be my late grandfather's birthday. I think I was about 4 weeks pregnant then.

Just thought I'd put up two pre-pregnancy pictures of myself so I'll remember how I looked like just weeks before I was pregnant. This picture was taken on my wedding day in February.



And a pic taken just a few days after my wedding (seen here with my aunty Heather and cousin James)

 
 
 
Anyways, I shall not get into the story of how I eventually told my husband that I was expecting but let's just say that we were both really surprised upon finding out! But yes, I told him on the evening of 31st March 2015 with a wrapped up pregnancy test kit that screamed the words "PREGNANT" in the results window. (Peeing on a stick isn't all that fun, FYI)
 
Before I got pregnant, I was roughly 50 kg. I shall be keeping track of my pregnancy weight gain in this blog too as well as any weird cravings I may have and all the unpleasant things that unfortunately come bundled with pregnancy. Oh and one thing I didn't know was that an average human pregnancy lasts for about 40 weeks aka 10 months not 9. This is because they add an extra few weeks because there is just no way doctors can pin point the exact date of conception. That said, here's to a relatively pleasant 40 weeks or so of pregnancy and a smooth (and hopefully pain-free) delivery. Epidural shall be the name of my new best friend. Sorry Shu!
 
 

 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment