Tuesday, August 11, 2015

RED.

We celebrated Singapore's 50th birthday over the weekend. It was so nice to enjoy a long 4 day weekend but of course it sucks being back at work today.

So, I thought that I didn't really have any cravings since being pregnant but I think there is one craving that has recently snuck up on me : ICE CREAM. First, you need to know that I hate ice cream. I eat it at the very most once a year or once in one and a half years but over this long weekend, I found myself wanting to have an ice cream after a meal. So last night, me and my aunty Heather who is visiting from Perth, had a very decadent chocolate fudge sundae from McDonald's. It was delish. I ate everything! And the day before, I had had 2 scoops of coconut ice cream that came with my red ruby thai dessert. Let's hope this doesn't continue!

I've also developed a new pain that I get right down the centre of my tummy if I bend down too fast and then get up too fast. Experienced it last night while bending down to apply eye drops to my dog Kaiser. Poor little mutt has a small ulcer on the surface of his right eye and so he can't quite open that eye fully. We took him to the vet on 9th August and he has antibiotics, anti inflammatory meds and eye drops which he absolutely loathes. He tries to nip our hands and fingers each time we try applying drops to his eye. I guess it stings upon application. I hope he gets well soon. The vet said he should be alright in 7-10 days time.

I've got my next check up with my gynae this coming Saturday 15 August. I shall record down my total weight gain then. I'm definitely feeling the baby kick and move about every day now. It's slowly becoming more regular and some of his kicks and pokes are starting to feel stronger and harder. Also, it seems the baby has discovered how to jump on my bladder. That sensation, my friends, is not a pleasant one and I've been told that it just keeps getting worse as the weeks roll by and baby gets heavier and stronger. Every time he jumps on my bladder, I rush to the toilet, afraid that I might have leaked.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing the baby kicking and wriggling on the ultrasound :)

 
We call him "Squinty" now. Haha.
 
 
 
Aunty Heather & I at Pulau Ubin (8 August 2015)
 
 

 
Almost 24 weeks (9 August 2015)
 

 

2 comments: