Ultrasound at 10 weeks (13th May 2015)
Ultrasound at 12 weeks (26th May 2015)
Ultrasound at 16 weeks (16th June 2015)
Here I am at about 17 weeks sporting a tiny baby bump (June 2015)
Being Asian and living in an Asian country, there was certainly no shortage of pregnancy advice that came my way. Prior to being pregnant, I had heard of some of the things that you should and shouldn't do when you are pregnant. I had heard that a pregnant woman shouldn't bend down, shouldn't lift heavy things, shouldn't go out late at night, shouldn't eat raw foods for fear of food poisoning etc etc. The list goes on and on. And then when I finally started telling people I was pregnant, I heard all sorts of strange advice from women young and old who had children. Here are just some of the things I had been advised to do and advised against. I swear we have so many superstitions and traditional beliefs in our Asian society. It's pretty crazy!
Pregnant women should ...
1. Not drink cold drinks because you should keep your womb as warm as possible.
2. Not bend down where possible.
3. Drink a lot of milk to provide the growing foetus with calcium.
4. Not eat pineapple, watermelon, bananas and other "cooling" fruits. This apparently will cause your baby to be born with a lot of phlegm.
5. Abstain from sex for the entire duration of pregnancy.
6. Not sleep on their backs at night but on their sides instead.
7. Eat for two.
8. Not bathe with cold water.
9. Not go for Brazilian waxing.
10. Hang pictures of beautiful babies in their homes and stare at them every day if they want a handsome/pretty baby.
11. Not watch horror movies as the baby will feed off the mother's emotions and be affected if she gets a shock or is startled.
12. Not rub their belly affectionately or else the baby will turn out to be spoiled and needy.
13. Only wear baggy or loose clothes lest the baby is suffocated.
14. Drink plenty of milk every day if they would like a fair skinned baby.
Since we were both first time parents, the hubster and I decided that we ought to go out and buy ourselves a couple of baby books for dummies like ourselves. So we went to Kinokuniya one fine Saturday morning and bought two books for ourselves. In the following weels, I also saw some other pregnancy and parenting books which I thought might come in handy so I bought them and excitedly rushed home to start reading. I still read these books till today and as I write this blog entry, I am into my 24th week of pregnancy aka 6 months.
I don't think our dog Kaiser enjoys this book as much as I.
I don't know much about being pregnant and having babies so ...
19 weeks (July 2015)
19 + weeks (July 2015)
21 Weeks.
Weight gain as of 18th July - 4.5 kg
Cravings - None.





No comments:
Post a Comment