Monday, August 17, 2015

Kicks, twirls and movements!

We went for our monthly check up yesterday at SGH. Baby is doing great and now weighs around 600g! For the past week, I have been feeling pushes, kicks and movements in my bladder area and I have discovered why. My doctor told me that the baby's head is laying on my bladder so there we go. It's putting a lot of pressure on my bladder which explains why I have to wake up to pee like 4 times EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. It's so disruptive to my sleep but nothing I can do.

These days, the baby's kicks are definitely getting much stronger and harder and movements are becoming more frequent too. I still remember the day I first felt him kick me gently. It was 10th July (19 weeks). It was such a strange feeling but I loved it!
As of yesterday, I have gained a total of 6kg in my 24 weeks of pregnancy. The next check up will be in 5 weeks time at 29 weeks. I also had to have a compulsory blood test done to test for hepatitis and HIV. Trouble is, I had not eaten the whole day prior to going for my check up and so when it came time to draw 3 tubes worth of my blood, the nurse couldn't find my veins! And so I was poked and prodded in both my right and left arm till she managed to collect 3 tubes full of blood. Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all.
Note to self : EAT before every doctor's check up cause you never know when they will need to take a blood test from you.


 
The aftermath :(
 
 

Touching her unborn godson!
 
 

15th August (24 weeks)
 
 

17th August 2015.


3 comments:

  1. Enjoying reading these, looking forward to the next installment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying reading these, looking forward to the next installment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to know you're reading it! :))

    ReplyDelete